- The corporate gifting market could grow to $306 billion by 2024.
- Corporate gifting is getting 8.1% bigger every year.
- About 60% of corporate gifts in 2021, worth over $140 billion, will go to people outside the company.
- Gift cards are the #1 corporate gift, making up 37% of the market or about $89.5 billion in 2021.
- Almost 66% of people are giving more gifts to make their workers happy.
- About 91% find it tough to pick a corporate gift because they’re not sure what the other person wants.
- 85% say that company rules make it hard to give or get gifts.
Corporate Gifting Stats
- People think that the corporate gifting market will be worth $306 billion by the year 2024.
- Corporate gifting is growing at a rate of 8.1% each year.
- 58% say they are giving gifts more often since they started working from home.
- Almost half the people (43%) say the best thing about giving corporate gifts is that it makes their relationships with customers or employees better.
- People searched for “online gift” 80% more this year, compared to the same time last year.
- The US corporate gift market is expected to be worth $242 billion by the end of this year and $306 billion by 2024.
- About 60% of the corporate gifts given in 2021 will be to people outside the company, adding up to over $140 billion.
- Gift cards are the most popular type of corporate gift, making up about 37% of the market, or roughly $89.5 billion in 2021.
Corporate Gifting Trends
- The US business gift market could grow by $64 billion by 2024.
- About 35% of people are giving more business gifts because of Covid-19.
- More than 7 out of 10 people plan to give the same or more gifts even after the pandemic is over.
- Because of the pandemic, people are giving business gifts more often.
Reasons for Gifting More Than Usual
|New chances to gift, like online events||49%|
|Staying in touch with clients or future clients||59%|
|Making employees feel good and motivated||66%|
Corporate Gifting Frequency
- The corporate gifting market could grow by $64 billion by 2024.
- 60% of people said they gave gifts just as much or even more since they started working from home.
- Among those who work in factories or make things, 72% said they’re gifting more or the same as before remote work.
- In the IT sector, 64% of people said they are gifting just as much or even more since remote work started.
- 66% of the people who are gifting more are doing it to keep their employees happy and motivated.
- About 59% of people gift more to stay in touch with clients or potential clients.
- Nearly half, or 49%, of people said they gift more because of new opportunities like online meetings.
- Around 7 out of 10 people plan to keep gifting at least the same amount or even more after the pandemic is over.
Corporate Gifting Occasions
- About 2 out of 3 people said they give company gifts to say thanks to workers or to celebrate something special. This is even more than the people who give gifts just for holidays.
- More than half of the people said that holidays are the second most popular time to give company gifts.
- About 61% of people said they give special gifts to individuals 2 to 5 times in the last year.
- In the media and entertainment business, 75% of people give these special gifts 2 to 5 times in the last year.
- In the education field, 72% of people also give special gifts 2 to 5 times in the last year.
- A bit fewer people, but still many, give gifts to groups 2 to 5 times in the last year.
- In the computer tech world, 65% of people give gifts to groups 2 to 5 times in the last year.
- In media and entertainment, 62% give gifts to groups 2 to 5 times in the last year.
- About 1 in 4 people said they gave gifts more than 6 times in the last year, whether to one person or to a group.
Corporate Gifts For Building Strong Relationships
- About 43% of people said that giving corporate gifts helps improve relationships.
- In the education sector, 52% think corporate gifts help a lot with relationships.
- In the IT sector, 51% think gifts improve relationships.
- About 38% of people feel that corporate gifts make the person getting the gift feel special.
- Nearly 4 out of 10 people in health services said making the recipient feel valued is the top reason for corporate gifts.
- Just under 4 out of 10 people said giving corporate gifts makes employees work better.
- About half of the people in manufacturing think gifts make employees work better.
- Overall, 96% of people think corporate gifts improve relationships.
- Almost half of the people said they really improved their relationships by giving corporate gifts.
- About 45% of people said they felt a big benefit in making the gift receiver feel valued.
What People Care About When Buying Corporate Gifts
- About 62% of people say the quality of the gift is super important when buying a corporate gift.
- Almost half, or 47% of people, say it’s really important for the gift to be delivered on time.
- About 39% of people think having a lot of gift options is really important.
- Eight out of 10 people say it’s important for the gift buying process to be easy.
- Only 33% of people think making the gift personal is super important.
- Just 28% of people think digital gifts, like online gift cards, are super important.
- Most people, around 77%, spend between $25 and $125 on gifts for one person in the company.
- About 71% spend between $25 and $125 on gifts for a group of people in the company.
- Around 25% spend between $75 and $100 especially when the gift is for just one person in the company.
Corporate Gift Buyers’ Challenges
- About 91% of people find it hard to choose a corporate gift because they don’t know what the other person likes.
- 85% of people said company rules make it tough to give or get corporate gifts.
- 86% of people think there aren’t enough choices when it comes to picking a corporate gift.
Interesting Corporate Gifting Statistics
- Business gifts are given all year, not just during holidays.
- Gift cards, whether online or real ones, are the gifts people pick most often.
- People really care about how good the gift is.
- There’s room for new and creative ideas in the business gift market.
- In a holiday survey, 54% of people said they wanted gift cards more than any other gift.
- About half of the people surveyed bought gift cards in the last year.